Friday, May 4, 2007

Zombie

I FINISHED MY INK SUBMISSION.

Now I just hope Estelle remembers to help me hand it in. Been a freakin' zombie at school all day on account on having stayed up till four this morning to finish the piece. And I found out after all that trouble, I might get disqualified because although it's monochrome, it's not in black and white. I'm tempted to say heck cares since last year's winning entries were in full colour but this year's INK people seem to have their act together better than last year's. It makes me think about how in clubs and societies (as in all organizations?) every new generation/cohort can improve on the last's. But at the same time, it's very easy to get complacent and back-slide. I mean, TC used to totally pwnzorz Spectra in membership and rep but now... it's plenty different. I'm not saying they're worse than us but they've lost ground and we've gained alot. It's the prospect of the CCA hand-over that's making me think this. Spectra's come so far in the last year (less than a year actually since someone handed over the reigns to us late.) and I really want to see it go further. At the same time I don't want us to sacrifice the sense of fun that prevails throughout the CCA. I think I can honestly say that everyone in Spectra enjoys our weekly meetings. Some more than others, true, but nobody's there because they just need a CCA and don't want to be there. (Well, maybe one or two of the J2s are but we're on the way out...)

Jano wrote a damn funny thing. If I can find it, I'll post it up. It's... it's Spectra fanfiction. I'm very disturbed...


I like Friday PE. Either we play games or we do... stuff like today. So the drama.

Neeta reminds me alot of my sec four English Literature teacher... 'nuff said.


When's mothers' day? I have one mother and two grandmothers to prep for.

Argh, no Spectra next week for me; I have to go for my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary dinner.

1 comment:

Stoofy said...

even non-spectra people enjoy the meetings. :D