Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Three strikes, you're out

Two days posting in a row- something I've not done since the 'new blog' rush wore off. Personally I blame the sudden system of shock of having a life and human interaction with peers again after having spent a month like a hermit.


The main reason I wanted to post was to recount a nice little episode during GP today.

So the teacher finally returns us the GP resource books she's been spot marking for the last three months- and only to about four of us since she hasn't actually marked the rest. Turning to a bunch of us, she asks us to explain how we selected our articles because she thought we a did a good job.

Teacher: Shi Mei, could you explain to the class how you selected your GP articles?

Me: (looking totally blank and clueless because I approach most GP assignments the way one does furniture in the dark) Uh, I have no idea. I just grab what looks good. (Behind me Grace is nodding furiously in agreement)

Teacher: (with one of those internal sighs) Alright, Tian Zhi, how did you choose your articles?(Now if there's one guy in class who's got a study plan, it's Tian Zhi and his resource book is pretty awe-inspiring)

Tian Zhi: I just choose what looks good.

Strike two. The teacher than turns to the last chap who can usually be counted on for a sensible reply in GP pleads.

Teacher: Afdhal, how do you choose your articles?

Afdhal: Oprah and movies!


pwned. I knew I loved this class for a reason. Incidentally, this may be why our class so utterly flops at GP discussions of late.

1 comment:

Caleb Liu said...

Hahahaha I definitely miss teaching your class!