Thursday, July 12, 2007

New Beginnings

Well, tomorrow's my last day as Spectra... Whatever the hell role it is I play exactly. I guess I was sorta webcomic IC and secratary-ish but really, Spectra was so cloes and tight-knit, we all did each other's work (read: Grace did alot and made everybody else do their work) and roles and duties eventually blurred.

But we've got a new exco structure now (which will be revealed tomorrow!), thanks largely to the new branches of webcomic and an actual functioning website.

I wanna emo about this because I feel like I should and on some level it's a bit sad to be stepping down but actually? It feels right. We've been carrying the Spectra torch for a year now, we've pulled it up from 'falling apart' to 'going somewhere'. Plus we've got good juniors to hand over to so it feels good. Besides, it's not like we can't crash every so often. :D


I'm beginning to think GP's not worth going to. Only one question left: how could I have taken five months to figure that out?

2 comments:

Caleb Liu said...

Oh dear is GP that bad? I feel like a failure for making GP lessons so boring last year too.

S7R4t4 said...

(I know I'm treating the comments system like a tagboard here. TOO BAD. Wahahaha. No idea if Caleb'l check this but if he does, see below)

Your lessons were fun! I'm just sick of the drilling and it feels meaningless. I had a literature teacher in sec 4 who actually made my grades drop when I tried listening to her classes. I went back to sleeping through lit and the A1s came back... I fear the situation with my GP at current is much the same...
On a plus side, whatever you taught us for AQs last year had some impact coz I'm now getting 6-7 instead of 2-3...